- 10 ounce extra-firm block-style tofu, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 5 ounces soy chorizo, diced or crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup rinsed and drained canned unsalted pinto beans
- 10 (6-in.) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- calories 353
- fat 15 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 7.2 g
- polyfat 3.7 g
- protein 15 g
- carbohydrate 43 g
- fiber 10 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 591 mg
- calcium 169 mg
- sugars 5 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Press tofu with paper towels until very dry. Place on a cutting board; use a fork to crumble. Set aside.
Combine turmeric, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt in a bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons water. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add bell peppers; cook 5 minutes or until softened. Move peppers to one side of skillet, and add tofu to empty side. Cook 2 minutes; add turmeric mixture to tofu, and stir to evenly distribute. Cook 5 minutes or until tofu is lightly browned. Gently toss peppers with tofu.
Heat a separate large skillet over medium-high. Add soy chorizo; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Stir in tomatoes and beans; cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
Working 1 tortilla at a time, heat over medium-high directly on eye of a burner until warmed and charred, about 15 seconds per side.
Place 2 tortillas on each of 5 plates. Top each with 2/3 cup chorizo mixture and 1/2 cup tofu mixture. Drizzle evenly with lime juice. Top with avocado slices; sprinkle with cilantro.