- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (8-oz.) sweet potato, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 1 cup canned unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil (optional)
- calories 420
- fat 15.6 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 9.3 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 43 g
- carbohydrate 25 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 124 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 526 mg
- calcium 71 mg
- sugars 3 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 450°F).
Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Rub chicken with adobo sauce; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Arrange chicken on grill grate; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Place 1 tablespoon water and sweet potato slices in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until almost tender. Pat potato slices dry; coat with cooking spray. Arrange on grill; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender and grill marks appear. Remove from grill; cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chickpeas, green onions, oil, juice, and basil, if using, in a large bowl. Add sweet potato; toss. Serve with chicken.