- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro stems
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
- 1 pound flank or skirt steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 4 lime wedges
- calories 294
- fat 20.1 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- monofat 12.9 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 3 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 74 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 318 mg
- calcium 19 mg
- sugars 1 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high (450°F to 550°F).
Place cilantro stems, juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in a mini food processor; process until smooth. Place cilantro mixture in a shallow dish; add steak, turning to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle steak with salt. Add steak to grill; cook 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices.
Place steak on a platter; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, onion, cilantro leaves, and garlic. Drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Serve steak with lime wedges.