- 2 (8-oz.) grass-fed flat iron steaks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10-oz.) yellow squash, cut into 1/2-in.-thick rounds
- 1 (10-oz.) zucchini, cut into 1/2-in.-thick rounds
- 4 green onions, trimmed
- 1 (10-oz.) eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2-in.-thick rounds
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- calories 271
- fat 11.3 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 6.6 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 62 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 569 mg
- calcium 83 mg
- sugars 8 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Place steaks in a single layer on a sheet of plastic wrap on a cutting board. Top with another sheet of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet, pound steaks to 1/4-inch thickness. Discard plastic wrap. Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Preheat grill to high (450°F to 550°F). Combine tomatoes, vinegar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Coat squash, zucchini, green onions, and eggplant with cooking spray. Place vegetables in a single layer on a grill grate coated with cooking spray. Grill squash and zucchini, uncovered, 2 minutes or until tender and grill marks appear. Grill green onions 2 minutes or until charred and slightly tender, turning occasionally. Grill eggplant 3 minutes on each side or until tender and grill marks appear. Coarsely chop green onions. Place eggplant, squash, zucchini, and chopped green onions in bowl with tomato mixture; toss to combine.
Place steaks in a single layer on grill grate coated with cooking spray; grill, uncovered, 2 minutes. Turn steaks; grill 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness. Place steaks on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steaks against the grain.
Add mint and oil to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Add basil; toss to coat. Divide vegetable mixture and steak slices evenly among 4 plates.