- 5 ounces whole-grain French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 1/2 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 142
- fat 3 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 0.1 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 7.8 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 288 mg
- calcium 175 mg
- sugars 2 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
Place cauliflower in a steamer basket over simmering water; cover and steam 8 minutes or until very tender. Place stock in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Place cauliflower and stock in a food processor; process until smooth. Add cheese; process until combined.
Spread cauliflower mixture over bread halves; broil 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 4 pieces; sprinkle with pepper.