- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 ounces cave-aged Gruyère, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces Emmentaler or Swiss cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio)
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- calories 83
- fat 5 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 1.4 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 3 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 18 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 74 mg
- calcium 169 mg
- sugars 1 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Combine cornstarch and cheeses in a small bowl; toss to coat.
Rub cut sides of garlic on inside of a medium, heavy saucepan; discard clove. Add wine and milk to pan; bring to a simmer over medium.
Add one-third of cheese mixture to pan, stirring with a whisk until combined. Repeat procedure with remaining cheese mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently.
Remove cheese mixture from heat; stir in lemon juice. Pour mixture into a fondue pot. Keep warm over low flame.