- Curry Paste:
- 1 large garlic bulb, top 1/2 in. removed
- 1 large shallot (about 4 oz.), peeled and halved
- 1 (3-in.) piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1 (3-in.) piece fresh lemongrass, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro stems
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 green Thai chiles or 1 medium jalapeño, stems removed
- 3/4 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 4 lime wedges
- calories 371
- fat 19.9 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 9.9 g
- polyfat 4.8 g
- protein 36 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 160 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 530 mg
- calcium 50 mg
- sugars 2 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
To prepare the curry paste, preheat oven to 375°F.
Wrap garlic and shallot in foil. Wrap ginger and lemongrass in foil. Bake at 375°F for 1 hour or until very tender and fragrant. Cool.
Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into a food processor; discard skins. Add shallot, ginger, lemongrass, and next 6 ingredients (through chiles) to food processor; process until combined. Reserve 5 tablespoons curry paste for Curry-Poached Cod with Snap Pea Slaw and Thai Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls. Reserve 1/3 cup curry paste for another use.
To prepare chicken, combine remaining 6 tablespoons curry paste, milk, and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large ziplock plastic bag. Add chicken; seal. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat grill to medium (350°F to 400°F). Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken on grill; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Place chicken on a platter; top with cilantro leaves and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.