- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (4 1/2-lb.) whole chicken, quartered
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- Cilantro sprigs
- calories 355
- fat 14.4 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 8.7 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 38 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 113 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 628 mg
- calcium 39 mg
- sugars 3 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Combine shallots, cilantro, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper in a small bowl. Carefully remove skin from chicken; reserve. Rub cilantro mixture evenly over chicken. Arrange reserved chicken skin over chicken.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over prepared pan. Add paprika and potatoes; toss to coat. Add onions to pan; top with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Arrange chicken quarters, skin side up, on pan. Bake at 425°F for 35 minutes or until chicken is done. Place chicken on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Remove skin from breasts; discard. Cut breasts in half crosswise.
Preheat broiler to high.
Return pan with vegetables to oven; broil 5 minutes or until vegetables are caramelized. Return chicken to pan; top with remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and cilantro sprigs.