- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup naturally sweetened cornflakes, crushed (about 1 oz.)
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 (4-oz.) chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 frozen Belgian or multigrain waffles (such as Van's)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- calories 486
- fat 11.9 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 2.6 g
- protein 33 g
- carbohydrate 64 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 119 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 517 mg
- calcium 38 mg
- sugars 17 g
- Est. Added Sugars 16 g
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Coat rack with cooking spray.
Combine next 3 ingredients (through soy sauce) in a small bowl.
Place flour in a shallow dish. Place egg in a shallow dish. Combine cornflakes and panko in a shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and paprika. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip chicken in egg; dredge in cornflake mixture, pressing to adhere. Place on prepared rack. Drizzle butter evenly over chicken. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes or until chicken is done and crust is golden.
Cook waffles according to package directions. Divide waffles among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken and syrup mixture. Sprinkle with green onions.