- 3 poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 8 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking polenta
- calories 389
- fat 14.4 g
- satfat 4.6 g
- monofat 6.7 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 19 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 43 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 619 mg
- calcium 259 mg
- sugars 15 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet; rub with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Wrap peppers in foil; let stand 10 minutes. Unwrap; remove skins and seeds. Coarsely chop peppers.
3. Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high. Add onion, oregano, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add tomato, adobo sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in peppers, juice, and chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low; add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and polenta, whisking constantly. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Place 3/4 cup polenta in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 3/4 cup chicken mixture.