- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 (6-oz.) bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 3 Thai chiles, halved lengthwise
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (13.5-oz.) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- calories 264
- fat 10.7 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 3.9 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 22 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 96 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 424 mg
- calcium 30 mg
- sugars 3 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Place first 7 ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Remove chicken from bag. Strain marinade over a bowl; discard solids.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add 4 chicken thighs; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken.
Bring reserved marinade and chicken to a boil in pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12 minutes. Boil cooking liquid 12 minutes. Serve sauce with chicken. Sprinkle with pepper.