- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons coarse yellow cornmeal
- 10 ounce fresh whole okra, halved lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Creole seasoning (such as Tony Chachere's)
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly diagonally sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 thin slices red Fresno chile
- calories 206
- fat 9.5 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 6.3 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 21 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 71 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 465 mg
- calcium 117 mg
- sugars 8 g
- Est. Added Sugars 3 g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Combine 1 tablespoon oil, cornmeal, and okra in bowl. Place okra and bell pepper halves, skin side up, on prepared pan. Broil 10 minutes. Wrap bell pepper in foil; let stand 10 minutes. Peel and chop.
Line pan with foil. Combine honey, Creole seasoning, and shrimp in a bowl; add to pan. Broil 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done.
Combine okra, bell pepper, shrimp mixture, tomato, and remaining ingredients in a bowl; toss.