- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
- 1 (12-oz.) package peeled diced butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups room-temperature nonfat buttermilk, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- calories 157
- fat 3.6 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 0.9 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 4 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 229 mg
- calcium 67 mg
- sugars 2 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Place russet potatoes in a large bowl; cover with water to 1 inch above potatoes.
Place Yukon Gold potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. When water reaches a simmer, drain russet potatoes, and add to pan with Yukon Golds. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain.
Using a potato ricer, rice potatoes over pan. Stir in butter until melted. Gently stir in 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk, salt, and black pepper.
While potatoes simmer, bring chicken stock, sage leaves, and butternut squash to a simmer; cook 15 minutes. Reserve 2 tablespoons stock; drain squash. Discard sage. Place 2 tablespoons buttermilk, 2 tablespoons stock, and squash in a blender; blend until smooth. Add squash mixture to mashed potatoes; swirl with a spoon.