- 6 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 ounces sweet potato, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced into thin half-moons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (1-lb.) flat iron steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- calories 289
- fat 15 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 7.9 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 39 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 574 mg
- calcium 32 mg
- sugars 3 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler, with oven rack 6 inches from heat.
Place Brussels sprouts and potato on a rimmed baking sheet; toss with 1 tablespoon oil, and spread in an even layer. Place a wire rack in pan over vegetables. Rub steak with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and place on rack in pan over vegetables. Sprinkle steak with 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and half of pepper.
Broil 10 minutes. Turn steak over; drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and sprinkle with remaining thyme, salt, and pepper. Broil about 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Remove steak from pan, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices. Place vegetables in a bowl; pour in pan juices, and toss to coat.