- 1 (12-oz.) bottle brown ale
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained, cut into 1 1/2-in. cubes, and patted dry
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 zucchini (about 10 oz.), cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick planks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups loosely packed arugula (about 2 1/2 oz.)
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- calories 382
- fat 16.7 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 11.5 g
- polyfat 2.4 g
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 49 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 384 mg
- calcium 204 mg
- sugars 22 g
- Est. Added Sugars 17 g
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high (450°F to 550°F).
Bring beer, honey, and red pepper to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
Thread tofu cubes onto 4 (6-inch) skewers. Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Brush tofu and zucchini with beer mixture. Arrange tofu skewers and zucchini in a single layer on grill grate coated with cooking spray. Grill tofu, brushing often with beer mixture, 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear. Cook zucchini 3 to 4 minutes per side or until tender and grill marks appear. Remove from grill; coarsely chop zucchini.
Toss together zucchini, tomatoes, arugula, barley, oil, vinegar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each pepper and salt in a large bowl. Top barley mixture with tofu.