- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced red onion
- Cooking spray
- 6 (4-oz.) russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- calories 385
- fat 12.7 g
- satfat 6.1 g
- monofat 4.9 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 32 g
- carbohydrate 37 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 92 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 687 mg
- calcium 173 mg
- sugars 12 g
- Est. Added Sugars 8 g
How to Make It
Combine brown sugar, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; rub generously over roast.
Place red onion slices in bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray; top with roast.
Rub potatoes with oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Wrap each potato in parchment paper; arrange on top of roast. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until tender.
Unwrap potatoes; split lengthwise, cutting to but not through the other side. Shred roast with 2 forks, and stir to combine with onion mixture.
Top each potato with 1/2 cup beef mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, 2 teaspoons green onions, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.