- 4 ounces all-purpose flour, divided (about 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp.)
- 3.1 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 5 1/2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds Cortland or Fuji apples, cut crosswise into 1/8-in.-thick slices
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- calories 254
- fat 9 g
- satfat 5.5 g
- monofat 2.3 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 23 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 270 mg
- calcium 69 mg
- sugars 20 g
- Est. Added Sugars 9 g
How to Make It
Combine 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the bowl of a food processor; pulse 3 to 4 times to combine. Add butter; pulse 8 to 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk and 1/4 cup yogurt; pulse 20 times or until pea-size lumps form and dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Turn dough out onto a work surface; shape into a 6-inch disk. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, brown sugar, juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and apples in a large bowl; toss to coat.
Unwrap dough; place on a large piece of lightly floured parchment paper. Roll dough to a 15-inch circle. Place parchment paper with dough on a baking sheet. Spoon apple mixture onto dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold edges of dough over filling to partially cover. Brush edges of dough with egg white. Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 cup yogurt, and vanilla bean paste in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve with galette.