Tofu scramble is my go-to breakfast. Savory, salty, and filling. A simple tofu scramble, with a small ingredient list, is the best way to let the rice paper bacon really shine. Packing a whopping 25 grams of protein, with zero cholesterol, it's a pretty great way to start your day. Serve with some seasonal vegetables on the side for a complete meal.
Classic Tofu Scramble with Whole Grain Vegan Bacon
- 1 recipe Whole-Grain Vegan Bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
How to Make It:
- Cook the Whole-Grain Vegan Bacon recipe.
- While the rice paper bacon bakes, heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until translucent and lightly browned. Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute. Stir in the tofu and mix in nutritional yeast, turmeric, kosher salt, and black pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Chop the cooked rice paper bacon into bite-size pieces. Divide the tofu scramble between two bowls and sprinkle the bacon pieces atop before serving.
CALORIES 356; FAT 17.5g (sat 2.3g, mono 4.1g, poly 0.6g); PROTEIN 25g; CARB 27g; FIBER 4g; SUGARS 4g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 4mg; SODIUM 528mg; CALC 453mg