Three-Plus Days Ahead
• If your turkey is frozen it will take multiple days to thaw in the refrigerator. Allow 1 day of thawing for every 4 pounds of frozen turkey. Keep turkey in original packaging, line a large baking sheet with Glad® Press’n Seal® Wrap and place turkey in the pan to prevent any juices from dripping onto the shelf and ensuring easy clean-up.
• Combine dried herbs, salt, and ground pepper into a custom poultry-blend. Store, covered, at room temperature in a Gladware® Mini Round container. Place a piece of Glad® Press’n Seal® Wrap on the lid and use permanent marker to label.
One - Two Days Ahead
• Rotate turkey position to ensure even thawing.
• Measure recipe ingredients for basting and gravy, store individually in disposable plastic cups and cover with Glad® Press’n Seal® Wrap, preventing spills and ensuring quick clean up on the big day.
• Prep any additional turkey accoutrements such as sliced apples, peeled garlic cloves, citrus zest, or chopped onion. Like with the gravy ingredients, place in plastic cups and cover with Glad® Press’n Seal® Wrap to keep the produce fresh and crisp. Refrigerate until it is time to cook the turkey.
• Combine the turkey with the pre-measured ingredients and get it into the oven!