Each Friday, we share five things that are getting buzz around the Cooking Light offices — from what we’re reading around the Web, to what’s hot on Instagram, or even our latest favorite ingredient.
Our new September issue has arrived, and we’re so excited to share it with you on newsstands, iPhones, and tablets. It’s filled with sensational wine pairings, our favorite healthy snacks, advice from our Test Kitchen experts, and, of course, our most mouth-watering recipes to date. Keep reading to learn more about my 5 favorite recipes, and I'll also let you in on the bonus recipes that come with the digital download.
1. Caprese Mac and Cheese: Why didn't we think of this sooner? Combining warm and comforting macaroni and cheese with the fresh flavors of a Caprese salad makes for a scrumptious weeknight meal — and the toasty breadcrumb topping adds an irresistible crunch. Find this recipe, along with four more weeknight menus, by downloading a free sample of the tablet edition.
2. Double Potato Hash Brown Casserole: In this month's recipe makeover, we took on the challenge of lightening up a family-style breakfast favorite — the hash brown casserole. We were able to keep a crunchy potato chip topper and a rich, velvety mushroom sauce while slashing over 200 calories and 15 grams of saturated fat! Tablet Bonus: We give you 5 more lightened-up classics to satisfy those comfort-food cravings.
3. Crab Cake Sliders with Yogurt Dill Sauce: There are few things better than seafood in the summertime, and our crab cake sliders do sweet crab justice. Refreshingly light dill sauce, pickled red onion, and peppery arugula are all piled onto a whole-wheat bun to complement the crisp and golden crab cakes. Tablet Bonus: Can’t get enough fresh fish dishes? We give you ten more of our favorites.
4. Ratatouille Pizza: A vegetarian’s delight, this pizza pie is piled-high with flavorful summer produce, two types of cheese, and fresh oregano and basil. The best part? It's ready in just 45 minutes! Tablet Bonus: We give you 5 more fantastic pizzas to take you into fall.
5. Marinated Beet Salad: When roasted in the oven, beets become delectably sweet and silky, perfect for tossing into a salad. In this recipe, red and golden beets are roasted with thyme and rosemary, then tossed into a salad drizzled with a homemade citrus vinaigrette. Read more about the chef behind this recipe, Chef Josh Habiger of Pinewood Social, by downloading our digital edition.