What to Eat Right Now: Pacific Salmon
Rich, buttery salmon is a rock star when it comes to nutrition, and mid-summer is the time to really enjoy it.
Photo: John Autry, Text: Julianna Grimes
Our Favorite Salmon Flavor Combinations
Versatile salmon pairs with bold and subtle tastes.
- Salty: lower-sodium soy sauce, capers, miso, olives
- Sweet: honey, brown sugar, maple syrup, orange juice or zest
- Sour: fresh lemon, fresh lime, vinegar
- Pungent: onion, shallot, garlic, ginger, horseradish, sesame
- Creamy: cream cheese, yogurt, crème fraîche, butter
- Smoky: chipotle chiles, smoked paprika, cumin
- Green: fresh herbs (especially dill, chives, and mint), cucumber, asparagus