Spiralizing is an awesome and entertaining way to get fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet without incorporating complicated and calorie-heavy ingredients. Anything that gets you excited about cooking is worth some buzz, and we have some "in-spiralizing" ideas to get you started on this spiral sensation!
Spiralized Butternut Squash Toast with Goat Cheese and Pomegranate SeedsToasted bread is a great vehicle to get veggies and protein-packed ingredients, from avocado to almond butter, into your diet. Spiralizing butternut squash makes it easy to top toast, and paired with creamy goat cheese and fresh pomegranate seeds, it makes for a supreme salty-sweet combination. Feel free to substitute whole grain bread or sprouted breads for another option.
2 slices cinnamon-raisin bread1 neck of butternut squash, peeled1 ounce goat cheese1 teaspoon agave syrup½ teaspoon ground cinnamon1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
1. Spiralize the butternut squash on largest grate. In a microwave safe bowl, add butternut squash and ½ cup of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 5 minutes, or until squash is slightly tender. Drain from water and let dry on a paper towel.
2. Toast bread to desired doneness. Divide goat cheese and spread onto each toast.
3. Lightly toss butternut squash with agave and sprinkle with cinnamon. Top each toast with squash and sprinkle evenly with pomegranate seeds.
Serves 2CALORIES 185; FAT 4.7g (sat 2.1g, mono 0.7g, poly 0.1g); PROTEIN 7g; CARB 32g; FIBER 4g; CHOL 7mg; IRON 3mg; SODIUM 162mg; CALC 81mg
More Spiralized Recipes:
- Sweet Potato Noodles
- Chicken Parmesan over Zucchini Noodles
- Spiralizer Hash Browns
- Spiralized Cinnamon Apples with Greek Yogurt