This season, there’s no need to stress or spend hours in the kitchen. Serve our ridiculously easy chocolate bark treats at your next party or wrap it up beautifully for your friends. No one can resist this made-with-love dessert.
Running short on time? Batches and batches of our addictive Orange-Hazelnut Chocolate Bark will be ready in a flash.
Orange-Hazelnut Chocolate Bark Talk about a match made in heaven! Add some sunshine to gloomy winter days by savoring citrus zest that complements the bold and decadent dark chocolate base of this bark. A roasted hazelnut topping is just the cherry on top. There's no doubt that this dessert will be a holiday showstopper.
Using a dark (72% cacao) chocolate brings an intense, not-too-sweet, almost fruity flavor to this bark. If you prefer a sweeter chocolate, substitute bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate.
Ingredients 3 tablespoons orange zest 1/3 cup shelled hazelnuts 7 ounces dark (72% cacao) chocolate, finely chopped
1. Create mise en place: Make sure you have everything you need—prepped ingredients, equipment—ready to roll before you start cooking. You'll need 7 ounces of dark chocolate, 1/3 cup shelled hazelnuts, and 3 tablespoons orange zest.
As far as equipment goes, you'll need a microwave-safe bowl, a plate, and a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Scrape the skin of one orange with a Microplane Zester; separate 2 tablespoons to mix in the melted chocolate and 1 tablespoon for topping the bark.
2. Toast the nuts: Place the hazelnuts on a cookie pan and broil on HIGH for one minute or until toasted. Let cool. Rub with a kitchen towel to remove the skins. Finely chop, if you desire.
3. Melt the chocolate: Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 20% power for 15 seconds; remove bowl from microwave, and stir. Repeat procedure about 4 or 5 times, microwaving and stirring until most of chocolate has melted. Let stand 1 minute or until chocolate is thoroughly melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 tablespoons orange zest (except reserved 1 tablespoon).
4. Spread it thin: Pour chocolate-orange mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Spread to 1/16-inch thickness.
5. Sprinkle and serve: Set a new favorite holiday tradition—let your little helpers top this gift-worthy bark. Sprinkle with reserved 1 tablespoon orange zest and 1/3 shelled, roasted, and chopped hazelnuts. Freeze 5 to 10 minutes to set. Break bark into 15 pieces (about 1 ounce each) and serve!
Serving Size: 1 piece CALORIES 88 FAT 6.8g (sat 3.2g, mono 2.9g, poly 0.4g) PROTEIN 1g CARB 8g FIBER 2g CHOL 0mg IRON 1mg SODIUM 0mg CALC 12mg
More Chocolate Bark Ideas: