All-Day Snacker Solutions
- Pre-portion tempting munchies into snack-sized bags. For example, a bag of Goldfish can be broken down into 7 1/2 snack bags. Read labels on big bags for recommended servings, and take only one serving with you.
- It's easy to confuse thirst for hunger. Please the palate with tea instead of automatically reaching for food.
- Make sure you have access to healthy, low-calorie fruits and vegetables. An apple has about 95 calories; a bag of Peanut M&M's has nearly 300.
- Popcorn is a filling, healthy snack. Opt for the mini bags, which pop into about 5 cups, instead of the big bags, which contain up to 12 cups popped. Even better: air-popped.
- 100-calorie packs work, as long as you eat just one. Save money by making your own.