Join us each month as we round up our favorite seasonal posts from the Cooking Light Blogger Connection.
This month’s theme is chocolate-filled treats, and these five finds don't disappoint.
1. Pain au Chocolat: With its dark chocolate center and gorgeous chocolate drizzle, this croissant-style pastry is perfect for brunch. As a plus, Kumquat's version is gluten-free, though you'd never suspect it with such a flaky, buttery crust.
2. Mexican Chocolate Avocado Mousse: Avocados and coconut milk replace eggs and cream in Cook Eat Paleo's genius dessert, which comes together in the food processor for quick, mess-free prep. A touch of ancho chile powder gives it Mexican flair.
3. Grain-Free Thin Mint Cookies: Thin Mints are arguably the best Girl Scout Cookie sold, but one look at the ingredient list and you may be deterred. Real Kids Eat Spinach's version rivals the original, filled with almond flour and coconut oil for a healthier treat you'll love.
4. Chocolate Caramel Doughnut Holes: We all get hankerings for chocolate-y doughnuts, but these bite-sized treats from The Way to His Heart keep portion size in check. Each ball is filled with a soft caramel square that slowly melts as they're fried to perfection.
5. Raw Chocolate Pudding: You can trick your guests with Picky Eater's pudding, which they'll never guess is made from avocados and banana. At just 160 calories per serving, we'll be whipping this up every night of the week.