1. Local weather forecasters issue a winter storm warning. You…
- a. Load up your skis and head for the mountain.
- b. Call your girlfriends to come over for a movie night.
- c. Check your reserves of batteries and flashlights in case you lose power.
- d. Track the minute-by-minute progress of the storm on your phone’s weather app.
2. When planning your next vacation, you…
- a. Close your eyes, spin three times, and point to a spot on the map.
- b. Book an all-inclusive island get-away with your gal pals.
- c. Plan a long weekend at a historical spot within driving distance of your home.
- d. Scout the hottest tech conferences and book a flight.
3. You’re at a wedding reception. The music begins. You…
- a. Hit the dance floor and ask complete strangers to dance with you.
- b. Request “The Electric Slide” and get everyone grooving.
- c. Sit quietly in a corner and watch the action from afar.
- d. Film partygoers grooving to the music for the video you’ll make for the bride and groom.
4. Your favorite type of food is…
- a. Things that make other people squirm: squid, octopus, sea urchin, you name it.
- b. American classics, including burgers and pizza.
- c. Comfort foods, like mac and cheese.
- d. Anything you can microwave.
5. One of your best friends is moving across the country. You…
- a. Sign the two of you up for a skydiving lesson as your last big hurrah together.
- b. Organize a surprise farewell party with all your closest friends.
- c. Invite her over for her favorite dinner, just the two of you.
- d. Create a digital scrapbook with all your fun memories.
Chances are you’re an independent, adventurous, on-the-fly, outdoorsy kind of girl. You probably like competitive events, from 5Ks to adventure runs. Your best workout buddy is your iPod, which will keep you (and anyone who can keep up with you) moving through the great outdoors. Download pace-matching apps like PaceDJ ($2.99) or SynchStep ($4.99) to keep your stride moving evenly. Then get outside, and go.
Well hello, Miss Social Butterfly! Workout hour is your social hour, so a group fitness class is your thing. Sign up for social coupons like Groupon or Living Social to find deals on fitness classes. Send the link to your friends, and prepare to torch some calories together.
“C” stands for “cautious” and “conservative.” You’re a thinker and a planner, are most comfortable one-on-one, and want to do things by the book. You need a shot of motivation to get going and a personal trainer will give you that kick in the pants and guide you through the process.
You’re a techie at heart, so you’ll want to check out smart pedometers like the Fitbit devices ($55.95-$99.95) or Striiv ($99.95). Both count each of your steps, record flights of stairs, and even sync wirelessly with your computer or phone.