The avocado is a nutrition knockout. It's packed full of healthy fats, fiber, and vitamins. It makes an excellent addition to just about any meal, and it's the perfect way to round out snacks so they're extra satisfying. Over the next few days, I'll share a few of my favorite fast avocado snacks. Enjoy!
Cucumber and Avocado Roses1 medium English cucumber1/2 avocado, cut into thin slices1/4 teaspoon kosher salt1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Using a vegetable peeler, shave cucumber into 6 long strips (avoiding the seedy middle) and pat dry on paper towels.
2. Line up avocado strips along the top of the cucumber, letting the avocado to come up about 1/8" past the top of the cucumber. Leave 1 inch of cucumber at the end and sprinkle entire roll with salt.
3. Starting from one end, roll up each cucumber strip with the avocado, using the cucumber end to secure rose. If the roses aren't securing, use a toothpick to keep the roll in place.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Serves 2CALORIES 77; FAT 6g (sat 1g, mono 3.6g, poly 1g); PROTEIN 1.5g; CARB 5g; FIBER 3g; SUGARS 2g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 1mg; SODIUM 245mg; CALC 33mg
More Avocado Ideas:
- 5 of Our Favorite Recipes with Avocados
- Our Best Avocado Recipes
- How to Make Crunchy, Creamy Avocado Fries