We’ve assembled a task force of staff from our Birmingham offices, which include sister brands Southern Living, Coastal Living, MyRecipes, and Oxmoor House, to try the Cooking Light Diet for 3 months and blog about it. Here’s what they’re saying.
Like a lot of folks, I signed up for the Cooking Light Diet because I wanted to lose weight (and I am*). But there are a few things happening that were unexpected.
1. I feel so much better. I don’t mean just feeling lighter. I have tried a couple of other diets that rely on supplements, injections, and a variety of other intense strategies, and while I did lose weight, I never really felt good. Just eating smart makes a big difference!
2. I’m learning to cook new and delicious recipes. I’ve always been a “tried-and-true” kind of cook, returning again and again to my old standbys. Now I have added many new dishes to my repertoire.
3. I’m saving time and money. Planning ahead is an important part of the Cooking Light Diet. And I’ll admit, setting aside planning time was the hardest hurdle for me. I finally realized that spending 20 to 30 minutes once a week to plan the next few meals saves hours of supermarket-wandering time. These days, when I go shopping with list in hand, I exit a short time later with just the items I need.
Everybody loves a bonus, and I’ve gotten three with the Cooking Light Diet. And the best thing? It's only going to get better!
*Members following the Cooking Light Diet, on average, lose more than half a pound per week.
More Diet Success Stories:
- Newlywed Nourishes New Nest with Cooking Light Diet
- "Pesky Pescatarian" Embraces Cooking Light Diet, Realizes Any Fin is Possible
- How One Mom Makes Grocery Shopping Easier with the Cooking Light Diet