A breakfast burrito should be three things: portable, quick, and crunchy. Consider all checked with this rich, fall favorite breakfast burrito. Our recipes, easily made in 10 minutes or less, are worth rising and shining for—guaranteed. Just grab and go!
When the air cools and the leaves turn to bright, bold shades of yellow, orange, and red, nothing tastes more satisfying than the heavenly combination of apples and cinnamon. I think we can all agree that it isn't fall without a warm slice of homemade apple pie. We took it upon ourselves to spice up the season by adding a twist to our nation's favorite pie—it's perfect for crisp, cozy sunrises. Good morning, America!
Ingredients4 large honey crisp apples, sliced1/2 cup orange juice1/4 cup lemon juice1 teaspoon brown sugar2 teaspoons cinnamon1/8 teaspoon cornstarch1/3 cup walnuts, chopped4 multigrain tortillas
Preparation1. Preheat oven to broil. Slice apples into wedges.
2. Place apples in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring orange and lemon juices to a boil. Add cinnamon and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Mix cornstarch with the juices for a thicker mixture.
3. Microwave the tortilla for 20 seconds, or until soft. Spoon 1/3 cup apple mixture onto the center of each tortilla and roll and tuck burrito-style. Lay burritos seam side down in an oval cast iron dish.
4. Top with remaining apples and walnuts (if any), sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon over top, and broil for 3 minutes. Serve and savor.
SERVES 4 (serving size: 1 burrito)CALORIES 284; FAT 9g (sat 0.7g, poly 4.7g, mono 0.9g); PROTEIN 9g; CARB 46g; FIBER 14g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 0.7mg; SODIUM 118mg; CALC 39mg
- Our Best Apple Recipes
- Grab-and-Go Breakfast Recipes
- 12 Smart Ideas for Breakfast on the Go
- Apple Pie Recipes