Eggs are the ultimate breakfast food, but even though there's so many different ways to prepare them, they can still get a little boring from time to time. Jazz up your next bowl of oatmeal with a runny egg, some kale, and avocado while you're at it, because a superfood-filled breakfast never hurt anybody.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add oats and let cook for 5 minutes or until desired consistency.
2. In a separate skillet, cook kale with oil over medium heat until kale is wilted and slightly crispy at the edges, about 5 minutes.
3. In the same skillet over high heat, fry an egg to desired doneness.
4. In a bowl, combine milk and cooked oats.
5. Top oatmeal with kale, fried egg, avocado, red chili flakes, and salt.
CALORIES 360; FAT 20g (sat 4g, mono 11g, poly 4g); PROTEIN 14g; CARB 34g; FIBER 8g; SUGARS 3g; CHOL 187mg; IRON 3mg; SODIUM 578mg; CALC 85mg