Tips for Making Meals for Friends
• Don't make it a surprise—talk to your friend about what day works best for the delivery. Anticipation of the meal is part of the fun.
• Be sure to include a menu so recipients know exactly what they're getting.
• Provide disposable plates, utensils, and napkins so cleanup is easy.
• Bring food in a casserole dish that's part of the gift; don't make the recipient responsible for returning your dishes. Alternately, use disposable containers.
• Provide heating/freezing instructions.
• Include a small treat for other family members: dog bones or cat toy.
• Tuck in a time-consuming puzzle to keep a toddler busy while Mom tends to a newborn or wraps presents.
• Include a separate package with tea bags and candles for peaceful moments: nice for new moms.
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Greek Chicken and Barley Salad
Penne Rigate with Spicy Sausage and Zucchini in Tomato Cream Sauce
Chicken Tamale Casserole
Chicken and Rice Casserole
Wild Mushroom Pastitsio
Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
Bring a bowl of warmth to a friend with this classic American comfort food. Flavorful stock, fresh-cooked chicken, traditional vegetables, and egg noodles lend starchy body to the broth of this favorite soup.