We started out by devising a crunch-o-meter against which to measure our foods, then got cooking. It was crunch time in our Test Kitchen. We had a little fun putting our list of crunchiest foods to the test. The somewhat surprising results appear in the diagram to the left. The crunchiest of the crunchy was hard candies such as peppermints (9).
9. Toffee, Jolly Ranchers, Starlight peppermints
8. Corn Nuts!
7. Wasabi peas, the hard edges of melba toast, Grape Nuts cereal, thick hard pretzels
6. Carrots, celery, bell peppers
5. Toasted whole almonds, Stacy's pita chips
4. Superfresh radishes, the crunchiest pickles
3. Biscotti (except the hard-as-concrete kind), Captain Crunch, Kettle chips
2. Water crackers and thin tortilla chips, such as Xochitl brand
1. Graham crackers
Tell us how you like to get your crunch on: Vote at Facebook.com/CookingLight