Five Tips for Perfect Muffins:
1. Leave a few lumps. Over stirring can toughen a muffin.
2. Spray the liners with cooking spray before adding batter.
3. Check for doneness early (about 5 minutes before specified time) since ovens can vary.
4. Cool in the pan 5 minutes, then eat warm or remove to a rack so muffins don't get soggy.
5. Store correctly so muffins stay fresh. Keep in an airtight container for a day or two. Or wrap individually in plastic wrap, place all in a zip-top bag, and freeze up to one month. Thaw at room temperature or in microwave for 10 to 30 seconds.