Considering the fact that most of my blog posts are about watermelon, it's safe to assume that I'm obsessed with the juicy summer fruit. Here at Cooking Light, we've poured many glasses of all-natural watermelon juice, we've beat the heat with fruity melon pops, and we've quenched our thirst with the most refreshing infused water. As August comes to an end, we must sadly part with watermelon. To celebrate our final days together, we've selected 7 delicious recipes that will have you savoring every last wedge.
1. Watermelon Salad with Feta and Cucumber Pickles: Pickled cucumbers and a sherry vinaigrette bring tang, while feta cheese and olives deliver salty brine. Topped off by bright, fresh herbs, the fully dressed watermelon gets its due.
2. Spicy Flank Steak Tacos with Watermelon Salsa: The sweetness of watermelon cubes complement a three-pepper spice rub that adds a pleasant complexity to the steak. This summer special will change taco night for good.
3. Watermelon Jalapeño Ice Pops: Sweet meets heat in this summer-ready treat.
4. Grilled Watermelon Pizza: Grill watermelon wedges and top with pickled onions, blue cheese, and pecans for a fruity and finger-friendly appetizer. We promise, your poolside cookouts will never be the same after you serve this handheld take on watermelon salad.
5. Summer Fig and Watermelon Salad with Feta: A pop of acidic vinaigrette balances ultra-sweet figs. Balsamic glaze is a syrup of concentrated, cooked-down, sweetened balsamic vinegar; it adds a sweet and tangy element to this refreshing salad.
6. Watermelon Margaritas: Watermelon + Lime + Tequila + Triple Sec = 105 calories of pure bliss. You're welcome!
7. Melon Salad with Prosciutto: Salty cheese and ham accent the sweet summer fruit in this refreshing main-dish salad, a perfect meal on a sweltering summer day.
So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.