O summer... Celebrate with us the sweet joys of fruits and the luscious crunch of vegetables.
A type of grass, corn is a New World food. May through September is peak season. To select, a fresh husk is the number one thing to look for. Nice deep brown silk tips or ends mean it’s ripe, but the whole silk shouldn’t be dried up. Open the tip of the husk to see if the kernels are all the way to the end of the ear; kernels should be plump and milky when pinched.
• Grilled Pork Tacos with Summer Corn and Nectarine Salsa
• Chilled Fresh Corn Soup with King Crab
• Pinto, Black, and Red Bean Salad with Grilled Corn and Avocado
• Baked Tomatoes with Quinoa, Corn, and Green Chiles
• Shrimp and Corn Cakes with Heirloom Tomato Salsa