A few days before the holidays, I grilled the staff about what they do to keep Thanksgiving leftovers interesting. Not surprisingly, this bunch thinks outside of the casserole. Here's what they said:
"I always make a turkey stock and leave my parents with a nice turkey minestrone soup."
- Mary Kay Culpepper, Editor in Chief.
"I make stock and freeze it in ice cube trays. Then it's ready to go when I need it later."
- SaBrina Bone, Test Kitchens Professional
"My aunt does that and makes gumbo."
- Mike Wilson, Test Kitchens Professional
"Since Thanksgiving is so American, it's fun to go international."
- Julie Grimes, Associate Food Editor
"I like to do jook. It's a rice porridge dish, and you can just throw in a turkey wing."
- Kathy Kitchens Downie, Associate Food Editor