The first step to getting ready for fall is prepping your kitchen. It's a good habit to clean out your pantry and kitchen at the beginning of each season. We aren't saying you should throw everything away, but it's smart to reorganize and take inventory of what you have - you don't want to be caught making an apple pie to realize you are all out of cinnamon. Here are fall pantry staples we know you will be using the entire season.
Your Fall Shopping List
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger, cardamom, turmeric
- Almond butter
- Canned pumpkin
- Whole-wheat flour
- Old-fashioned oats
- Nuts and seeds: pecans, pepitas, walnuts, and almonds
- Brown sugar
- Dried thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves
- Your favorite whole-wheat pasta
The Perfect Fall Fridge
- Apples and pears
- Root vegetables: sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and beets
- Onions and shallots
- Homemade chicken stock: make extra and freeze for fast soups and stews.
- Almond milk
- Great pasta sauce: make extra and freeze.
- Cheese for casseroles: gruyere, sharp cheddar etc.
- Beans and lentils
- Leafy greens: kale, spinach, and chard
- Winter squashes: Butternut, spaghetti, and delicata
- Fresh herbs: rosemary and sage
- Brussels sprouts
This collection of recipes will keep you cozy and highlight the ingredients we've listed above so you can keep your cooking healthy and comforting all season long.
Your Fall Cookbook
- Savory Baked Apples
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Bacon, and Potato Soup
- Perfect Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut-Cauliflower Coconut Curry
- Turmeric Pork Chops with Green Onion Rice
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Garlic, and Shallots
- Pumpkin-Spice Muffins