Cooking on a budget? Don't skimp on nutrition! You'll feel good about feeding your family these creatively delectable recipes.
The key to getting incredibly rich flavor in a sauce made from water is to create tasty browned bits on the bottom of the pan. To ensure you create those bits, use a stainless steel skillet―not a nonstick pan.
• 1½ pounds beef short ribs, trimmed (4 ribs)
• All-purpose flour (½ cup)
• Olive oil
• Chopped carrot (about 1 large)
• Chopped onion
• 1 (8-ounce) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• Tomato paste
• Uncooked medium egg noodles (8 ounces)