Whether you go casual or elegant, we have all the tips and advice you'll need to host a warm, friendly, successful party. By Ann Taylor Pittman By: Photography by Marcus Nilsson
• Send invitations at least four to five weeks in advance.
• Festive-up the house
• Don't forget about music! It absolutely sets the tone for the party.
• Choose suitable dishes that work with the feel of the gathering.
• Take time to study a food plan.
• Keep the kids happy with kid-friendly bites and special area where the little ones can play.
• Be prepared for gifts especially food and have a few vases ready for flowers.
• Welcome guests with refreshments. Set up a drink station close to the entryway.
• Hire a presentable neighborhood teenager and put her or him in charge of refreshing the food.