Global Recipes for Thanksgiving Leftovers
There's nothing finer than a turkey-and-stuffing sandwich. But when that's been munched, turn to turkey with hominy and Mexican spice, or cranberry and Champagne. By: Recipes by Maureen Callahan
While usually an ingredient in moles, roasted pumpkinseed kernels add another layer of nutty flavor to this posole-style broth. Look for them in specialty markets and health-food stores. Substitute ancho chile powder if guajillo is unavailable.
Three More Ways to Use Grated Whole Nutmeg
1. Add a dash or two to sautéed spinach to build complex flavor.
2. Mix 1/4 teaspoon into spice rubs for meats.
3. Use it to top chai tea, cappuccinos, or eggnog.
Three More Ways to Use Garam Masala
1. Stir it into cooked lentils.
2. Add to curry dishes.
3. Sprinkle onto roasted or sautéed butternut squash for an exotic, fragrant flourish.