Pumpkin and Quinoa Autumn Rolls
In-season roasted pumpkin can be easily substituted for wedges of butternut squash or acorn squash, if desired.
- 1 sugar pumpkin, halved and de-seeded
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 (8.5-ounce) microwavable packet quinoa blend
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- 8 brown rice spring roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons prepared cranberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh watercress leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
2. Cut pumpkin into wedges. In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Brush pumpkin with soy sauce mixture and transfer to baking sheet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Once cooled, peel skin and discard.
3. While pumpkin is cooling, microwave quinoa packet according to package directions. Gently toss with goat cheese until creamy and well combined.
4. Prepare a shallow bath of warm water and a clean work station for wrappers. Dip 1 spring roll wrapper into the water and let sit for 10 seconds. Gently shake to remove excess water and lay onto work station. Fill the middle with 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce, 1 slice pumpkin, 1 ounce quinoa mixture, and a few watercress leaves. Fold sides in and on top of fillings, then roll upwards, tucking in fillings as you roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve.
CALORIES 210; FAT 6g (sat 2.5g); PROTEIN 8g; CARB 33g; FIBER 6g; SUGARS 7g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 135mg