Bi Bim ‘Bat’ Wraps
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium tamari
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw mix
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 8-inch brown rice tortillas (Such as ‘Food for Life’ brand)
- 1 tablespoon Korean brown rice and chili paste (Gochujang)
- Kimchi, for serving (if desired)
1. Combine soy sauce, scallions, garlic, maple syrup, and ginger in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Toss flank slices in marinade and let sit while you preheat a nonstick skillet to medium-high heat.
2. Spray skillet with cooking spray and sear steak about 3 minutes each side, or until desired doneness. Remove steak from pan and let rest.
3. Turn heat down to medium-low and add 1/4 cup water to the remaining marinade in the pan. Add mushrooms and cook through until soft. Add slaw, carrot, and cabbage and cook until wilted. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and remove from pan.
4. Heat grapeseed oil in the same pan and crack eggs (two at a time) directly into the oil. Fry for 4 minutes on each side and remove from pan. Repeat with remaining eggs.
5. Warm tortillas in the microwave for about 15 seconds each. Spread each tortilla with about 1 teaspoon gochujang, top with even amounts of flank steak, mushroom mixture, and 1 egg. Fold the sides of the tortilla in and wrap upwards like a burrito. Serve with kimchi, if desired.
CALORIES 430; FAT 16g (sat 4g); PROTEIN 34g; CARB 31g; FIBER 4g; SUGARS 3g; CHOL 255mg; SODIUM 740mg