We love using Asian noodles in fast weeknight dishes. They're quick cooking, delicious, and easier than ever to find. Look for these favorites to add to your pantry.
- RAMENTrendy restaurants shifted this iconic noodle from guilty pleasure to edgy culinary darling. Buy fresh or dried—and ditch the sodium-dense flavor packet.
- CELLOPHANE NOODLES (aka glass noodles)Made from mung beans, these long noodles range in thickness from threadlike vermicelli to flat fettuccine. Hydrate and soften in hot water before stir-frying or in cold water to use for spring rolls.
- LO MEINFolks know this wheat noodle for its stir-fried takeout menu fame. Its firm but springy texture makes it hearty enough to be reheated—great news for your leftovers.
- UDONThese thick, chewy, long noodles can be served hot or cold. Pair with heavy sauces and hearty ingredients.
- RICE STICK NOODLESFlat and translucent like cellophane noodles, these are the noodles in pad Thai. Soak to soften; then add to a stir-fry.