Jazz up a basic chicken breast with a simple pan sauce. This easy technique puts dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
After you've added seasonings, cook the mixture for a few minutes until it has reduced into a sauce with the consistency you desire. Most recipes specify how long to reduce, and how much sauce it should yield. Pour the sauce into a measuring cup to be sure that it has reduced enough. After removing from heat, you can finish some sauces by stirring in a touch of cream.
Try it! Practice this technique with the following 8 recipes:
- Chicken with Cider and Bacon Sauce
- Chicken with Provençal Sauce
- Thai Fish Sauce and Lime Chicken
- Chicken with Goat Cheese Sauce
- Mexican Chicken with Almond-Chile Cream
- Pollo con Mojo de Ajo
- Chicken with Barbecue-Bourbon Sauce
- Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce