Not only is spaghetti squash a tasty addition to your day, but it's also a delicious way to incorporate veggies into mealtime in a variety of ways. Even if you've never even thought about eating a low-carb or gluten-free diet, this stuff is the real deal—tender, filling, and naturally sweet! From creamy-cheesy, to hearty-meaty this recipe is a play on the pasta classics with a spaghetti squash twist.
Spaghetti Squash with Chicken and Veggies Brimming with fresh ingredients such as spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes, this low-carb dish packs in a punch of flavor and a hearty 21g of protein at only 225 calories per serving.
Ingredients: 1 1.5 pound spaghetti squash 2 tablespoons olive oil 6 ounces fresh spinach 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced 1 cup tomatoes 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves kosher salt (optional) Black pepper 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled Preparation
1. Cook the spaghetti squash in the oven according to these directions.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done. Slice chicken, remove from the pan.
3. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, mushrooms and tomatoes; cook 6-8 minutes. Add spinach; stir until wilted.
4. Combine chicken, with the veggie mixture.
5. Scoop about 1 cup of spaghetti squash and 1/2 cup of the veggie-chicken mixture per serving. Sprinkle with feta.
Serves 4 CALORIES 225; FAT 11g (sat 2.3g, mono 5.9g, poly 1.5g); PROTEIN 21g; CARB 12g; FIBER 3g; CHOL 59mg; IRON 2mg; SODIUM 208mg; CALC 103mg