If you want to send cookies through the mail, consider these suggestions.
• Moist bar cookies are ideal because they won't dry out during the journey. Decorated and filled cookies are not good choices; decorated cookies are often too delicate, and filled cookies are too sticky to hold up well. Other types of cookies, if packaged correctly, should arrive in good shape.
• Pack cookies tightly (in plastic wrap, foil, or a tin) so they won't have much room to jostle about and break.
• If sending more than one type of cookie, pack them in separate containers.
• Provide a protective cushioned layer to prevent cookies from breaking. Place cookies in plastic wrap, foil, or a decorative tin, and then place inside a larger box lined with bubble wrap or crumpled packing paper.
• Call or e-mail the recipient with the package's estimated arrival date. No one wants to miss out on a box of homemade cookies.
Made to mail: Crunchy Sesame Cookies