Ditch unnecessary knives so that you’ll have the breathing room to get creative and enjoy cooking all the more.
1. Shun Fuji paring knife, $220
The dense wooden handle has ridges on both sides for supreme grip and comfort, key for extended paring jobs.
- Budget Option: Victorinox Fibrox Pro
Dishwasher-safe, this 3 1/4-inch paring knife performs as well as many pricier models. $8
- Budget Option: Calphalon Katana 6-inch chef’s knife
It’s stylish and slim-handled with a razor-sharp Japanese steel blade. $50
3. Wusthof Classic double-serrated 9-inch bread knife, $109
Ingenious double serration slices items like crusty bread and crispy phyllo dough cleanly with a minimum of crumbs.
- Budget Option: OXO Good Grips bread knife
Comfy handle, 8-inch blade, easy to wield. $10