They're salty and scrumptious–what more do we need to say? Pretzels have long-since been a go-to snack for busy afternoons or stay-in movie nights. Kids, teens, and adults love them all the same, so it's only natural that on National Pretzel Day, we celebrate this beloved treat.
- There is nothing better than a warm soft pretzel served with a side of mustard. This kid-friendly recipe would be great as an appetizer or an afternoon snack.
- Take a dip. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Dipped Pretzels are a salty, sweet pick-up dessert that's just as ideal for a snack as it is for a party.
- Use pretzels for a crumb coating. Deploy crushed pretzels like breadcrumbs to create a crisp coating for meat or fish before cooking, or sprinkle on top of casseroles before baking.
- Create a homemade snack mix. Kids (or adults) will go nuts for these easy snack mixes. Bonus: They’re all less than 125 calories per serving, and have enough fiber to keep those kiddos full until dinnertime.
- Try unsalted versions that offer just-right crunch, light texture, and buttery flavor–still satisfying your salty-snack craving.
As with most sweet-and-salty treats, it's okay to indulge as long as moderation and portion control play a role. How will you celebrate National Pretzel Day?